Is it better to size up or down for boots? Make sure that your toe box is not too small. Your toes need adequate room because your foot swells over the course of the day, especially on long hikes. Your toes will be bigger in the evening than they were in the morning. You should never size down the boot to reduce your toe room.
How much bigger should boot size be? If you’re considering a pair of boots that only come in one width, you might have to go up or down a half size to accommodate your feet. This is because shoe sizes get gradually wider as they go up. For instance, a size 8 boot will be about an eighth of an inch wider than a 7.
Is your boot size the same as your shoe size? Your boot size will often not be the same as your shoe size, though for some people it will be. There are a few reasons for this. Partially, it has to do with the way that sizes are measured. Partially it has to do with the lasts that shoemakers use to make shoes.
- Excellent Breathability
- Secure Grip
- Allro-Tex Technology
- Removeable Footbed
- ATS Max extra-wide shank for maximum support and less fatigue
- BOA Fit System provides custom support
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable Energy Max anti-fatigue insole for maximum comfort
- Mesh lining
- Crafted with leathers made using ECCO DriTan Technology, which reduces the amount of water and chemicals used in the tanning process, ECCO HYDROMAX Technology offers water-repellent properties, to keep your feet dry
- The sleek design makes the EXOHIKE easy to maintain, while the padded collar provides additional wearing comfort and the pull-on tabs allow for easy on and off
- Soft and lightweight ECCO PHORENE midsole offers excellent energy return, while innovative ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology provides flexibility
- PROSOMA heel cup wraps the heel to provide protective support and a snug fit
- MICHELIN rubber outsole with a unique tread pattern has excellent traction and stability, enhanced with a rubber grip grid in the midfoot
Should you size down in boots? Most men find they must size down 1/2 to 1 full size from their athletic shoe size to get the proper boot fit.