What temperature is 400g insulation good for?
Is 400 grams of Thinsulate good? A pair of boots featuring 400 grams of insulation is good for cooler weather at low activity levels and can keep you warm in fairly cold weather if you are active while wearing them. If you find that 200 grams aren’t quite warm enough, you should consider bumping up to 400 grams.
How warm is 400g Primaloft? As a general rule, 800g of insulation (Primaloft or Thinsulate) is best for boots when the temperature is 32 degrees or less. From 32 degrees to 40 degrees, 400g of insulation is preferred for most uses. 200g of insulation is best for temperatures between 40-50 degrees.
- Excellent Breathability
- Secure Grip
- Allro-Tex Technology
- Removeable Footbed
- ATS Max extra-wide shank for maximum support and less fatigue
- BOA Fit System provides custom support
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable Energy Max anti-fatigue insole for maximum comfort
- Mesh lining
- Crafted with leathers made using ECCO DriTan Technology, which reduces the amount of water and chemicals used in the tanning process, ECCO HYDROMAX Technology offers water-repellent properties, to keep your feet dry
- The sleek design makes the EXOHIKE easy to maintain, while the padded collar provides additional wearing comfort and the pull-on tabs allow for easy on and off
- Soft and lightweight ECCO PHORENE midsole offers excellent energy return, while innovative ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology provides flexibility
- PROSOMA heel cup wraps the heel to provide protective support and a snug fit
- MICHELIN rubber outsole with a unique tread pattern has excellent traction and stability, enhanced with a rubber grip grid in the midfoot
Is Thinsulate good for winter? Thinsulate Insulation & Other Synthetic Insulations
Thinsulate™, made by 3M™, is by far the most popular winter/snow boot insulation type and for good reason.