If you loved the Kodiak Thane Boots, then you’ll definitely love this one. Another heritage style boots by Kodiak & this time we are going to dissect the Kodiak Magog Boots. Now, a lot of you guys may ask, why another Kodiak boot? Read the rest of the Kodiak Magog Boots Review & you’ll find out.
Let the dissecting begin!
- 【Mens Zipper Cowboy Boots】:Chelsea Boot presents a polished look perfect for the days you are dressed to impress in a suit, business casual, or your favorite pair of jeans,add some western flair to your outfits.
- 【Chelsea Boots For Men】:Convenient side zippers allow for easy on and off, and off while maintaining flexibility,which provides stability and good grip, allowing you to keep your balance all the time.
- 【Oxford Boots For Men】:Chukka boots forefoot features a groove pattern rubber,and the heel is reinforced with wear-resistant rubber, ensuring outstanding slip resistance and long-lasting durability.
- composite toe work boots for men flat nose cowboy boots chelsea leather boots half boots for men leather boys cowboy boots square toe mens cowboy rain boots tan leather cowboy boots waterproof hiking boots mens wide square toe cowboy boots for men cowboy boots squar toe cowboy hiking boots leather tall boots men leather high boots men men black chukka boots leather leather laceup boots mens leather
- leather bike boots men steel toe leather hiking boots hunting boots for men chelsea boots men leather leather boots man leather laces for boots big kid cowboy boots boys mens tan cowboy boots unisex cowboy boots cowboy style boots for men mens cowboy motorcycle boots knee boots hunting cowboy steel toe boots leather mens boots palladium brown leather boots men cowboy work boots hunting mens boots leather
- This men's hiking boots upper made of highly wear-resistant and waterproof full-grain suede/polished leather with a mesh structure, which makes this hiking boots men scratch-resistant and wear-resistant while keeping your feet breathable and dry.
- this men's boots provide maximum comfort and durability, and are suitable as men's tactical boots to provide all-round protection.
- STABLE & SECURE: Waterproof lining, slip, oil, abrasion resistant rubber outsole with spiral lines for protection, stability & extra grip, applicable to various terrain.
- EVA midsole offers supportive all-day comfort, shock absorption, superior cushioning and arch support. Anti-collision toe cap & reinforced shock absorbing heel are also equipped. All makes it combat boots men or waterproof boots men at the same time。
- Whether you're looking for hiking boots or tactical boots , Men's Waterproof Hiking Boots can perfect use for law enforcement, security, outdoor sport, patrol, deployment, missions, desert, camping, climbing, cycling, fishing, jungle, running, mountaineering, traveling and so on.
- 【Breathable】: Breathable mesh is used inside the upper to enhance the ventilation effect inside the shoe and keep your feet cool and dry.
- 【Durable Leather】: The upper of these boots is made of high wear-resistant leather, which is suitable for many complex terrains and provides comprehensive protection.
- 【Comfort】: These men's hiking boots feature EVA midsole, which is lightweight and flexible, providing excellent cushioning for hiking or working. Tongue keeps debris out. Padded ankle provides ankle support.
- 【Non-slip and durable】: The rubber sole allows you to walk stably, and the texture of the sole can enhance the grip, play a non-slip effect, and be durable.
- 【Practical and Multifunctional】: Perfect for outdoor and indoor, designed for daily work and outdoor sports, such as camping, mountaineering, cycling, fishing, jungle, construction, running, mountaineering, travel, etc.
As you already know that this type of boot is an introduction to heritage style footwear. It has that classic heritage feel & the Magog falls right in there. Full leather welted boot with a rubber slip resistant sole.
Kodiak Boots, they are a Canadian company. Most of the boots they make are suited for the environment they are in. Mostly cold weather boots. Why are we telling this? Because the Magog feels pretty warm inside.
Kodiak Magog Boots Review
- Waterproof leather and sealed seams, leather comfort collar
- Waterproof membrane construction. Durable anti-corrosive hardware
- 200gm THINSULATE insulation underfoot and throughout
- Microfiber lining. Footwear Height: 7.5 inches
- Natural leather welt with slip resistant lug rubber outsole
Natural Leather Welt
What we really loved about this boot is the leather, the way they put the leather in the tongue together and the way they built the tongue sections are some of the best we’ve seen in boots like these. Water Proof leather upper adds more to this boot’s comfort.
Also, the leather they use is very good. It gives out a beautiful oil tanned look. The leather that Magog uses is going to suck up oil like…give them a try and see for yourself. You’ll not believe how good the leather takes in oil.
It looks nice and greasy. Just beautiful. At the same time, soft leather like this, if you live in a state that is mostly cold all the time or in winter when they are salting the roads, leather like this will take on salt lines quickly.
This boot has tape sealed and treated waterproof leather. They’ve also included a waterproof membrane. This makes the Magog and good introductory boot for a guy.
Inside The Magog
Inside what you are going to find is Microfiber. The same stuff that makes couches and dog beds. This is that stuff that they put inside this boot. Feels comfortable and warm.
Backing it up, they have added 200gm THINSULATE insulation underfoot and throughout. This stuff makes for a really nice insulation. It’s only 200 grams though. It’s like putting on an extra pair of wool socks.
It’s also kind of nice to have this much insulation because it saves you from wearing insulated socks with these boots.
Down below! The insole section. It is a hard footboard. Orthotics & extra footbeds can be added inside. Depends on you whether you want to make this boot more comfortable or not.
Kodiak might send along a memory foam insole. If not, just buy a good insole. Memory foam insole is not that good. Not a fan of it. But that doesn’t mean they are bad. It’s just that there are other insoles which will serve better.
In this section, we are going to be mainly discussing its hardware. In the lacing section, they’ve used non-corrosive metal hardware. Why non-corrosive?
By any chance, if there are saltwater in your area, these non-corrosive materials won’t rust out. They are not going to get hard and crack off. For this type of boot, they have made a good choice by sinking this into the leather.
We are also a big fan of their finishing. By looking at these boots you can instantly tell how many layers they have added to them. There are no rough edges to destroy the laces. Nice job Kodiak!
It’s a slip-resistant rubber outsole. What gives? Rubber outsole on winter boots?
To be honest, it’s going to slow down and get a little bit harder but you are still going to have traction when you are out in the cold and wet and the ice.
Size & Fit
Go for half size bigger than your regular boots. Why? If you are going to wear heavy duty wool socks, that extra space in your boots will be a perfect fit. In winter time, most of you are going to be wearing socks. So, it’s better to buy half size bigger than your usual size.
Like any other boots we have reviewed, the Magog will also take some time to break in. If you are planning to wear them in Winter, buy them in the Fall season. Or, you can wear them around for a few days and used to it.
The only fact that we found somewhat disappointing is its thin sole. Being a cold weather boot, this thin sole keeps your foot close to the ground. But, when you think about the Magog, it’s sole purpose isn’t for keeping your feet warm in winter.
Although it does a good job at that, most of the boot guys out there would just wear them for like 2 -3 hours outside. It serves as a good introduction boot for new boot guys.
Come to think of it, this isn’t going to be an all-day boot, and this isn’t definitely a work boot. So, it won’t be much of a deal breaker for you guys.
It is a boot that is going to protect you from cold and heck of a lot better than a sneaker will. Hah! Boots all the way!
So, you have natural leather welt construction, 200 grams of THINSULATE insulation, leather comfort collar, waterproof leather and sealed seams, Rubber sole which is slip resistant, waterproof membrane construction and microfiber lining. Good deal! Don’t you think?
It also comes in three different colors. The Magog is meant to give you dry comfort all day long. It may take you a few trips here and there to break this boot properly. But we assure you, it’s worth the pain.
Entitled as Hiking boots by many users. With its waterproof construction, these will serve well for hiking too. So, that concludes this Kodiak Magog Boots Review. Hope you liked it. Also, if you own a pair of these, let us know your experience with them in the comments below.
Notice: Undefined index: mts_social_button_layout in /home/pauliakas/domains/bootsguru.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461