Is your boot size the same as your shoe size? Your boot size will often not be the same as your shoe size, though for some people it will be. There are a few reasons for this. Partially, it has to do with the way that sizes are measured. Partially it has to do with the lasts that shoemakers use to make shoes.
How do you determine boot size? Most men find they must size down 1/2 to 1 full size from their athletic shoe size to get the proper boot fit.
How much bigger should boot size be? If you’re considering a pair of boots that only come in one width, you might have to go up or down a half size to accommodate your feet. This is because shoe sizes get gradually wider as they go up. For instance, a size 8 boot will be about an eighth of an inch wider than a 7.
- Excellent Breathability
- Secure Grip
- Allro-Tex Technology
- Removeable Footbed
- ATS Max extra-wide shank for maximum support and less fatigue
- BOA Fit System provides custom support
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable Energy Max anti-fatigue insole for maximum comfort
- Mesh lining
- Crafted with leathers made using ECCO DriTan Technology, which reduces the amount of water and chemicals used in the tanning process, ECCO HYDROMAX Technology offers water-repellent properties, to keep your feet dry
- The sleek design makes the EXOHIKE easy to maintain, while the padded collar provides additional wearing comfort and the pull-on tabs allow for easy on and off
- Soft and lightweight ECCO PHORENE midsole offers excellent energy return, while innovative ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology provides flexibility
- PROSOMA heel cup wraps the heel to provide protective support and a snug fit
- MICHELIN rubber outsole with a unique tread pattern has excellent traction and stability, enhanced with a rubber grip grid in the midfoot
Should you size up for boots? That really depends on whose boots you’re buyingand not everyone’s sizes are the same. We do recommend that you order a pair of Nick’s Handmade Boots a half-size down from your normal shoe size, but that’s because of how our boots are made and no one else’s.