Here’s a great looking new work boot from Lugz – the Lugz Men’s Drifter Mid Steel Toe. It’s a fabulous boot that can take the elements and still keep feeling great on your feet. I got a pair of the Regiment WR for one of my daughters. Yes, you heard me right. Most of my girls and myself are all blessed with wide feet. When it comes to choosing a boot, we look to Lugz’ selections for men.My daughter will soon be heading back East to visit her sister for a while, and the weather back there is just not as nice as what it is here in the high desert of Southern California. Inclement weather that will either be snowy or wet with rain is what will greet her back East. She needed a boot that will be both water resistant and with slip resistant soles.
Looking through the wide selection of Lugz boots for men, she came across the new boot Regiment WR. She found these to be just what she needed, a water resistant, slip resistant boot that will look good on her feet. Don’t get me wrong, they are a manly boot, but something we girls can wear as well – especially if we have wide feet. The D width of the boot is just the right width for us girls’ wide feet.
- Wyoming is a rich leather with a subtle grain and oily surface
- Foldable collar for two looks in one
- Branded details on the collar lining, a nod to DM's famous AirWair heel loop.
- Classic Doc's DNA including signature yellow welt stitch, grooved edges, and AirWair heel loop.
- O FIT Insole: Oboz's proprietary insole is what we're known for. Molded to match the specific shape and construction of every pair we make, this purpose-designed technology delivers the kind of fit, feel and performance that's unmatched in the industry.
- UPPER: Waterproof nubuck leather & highly abrasion-resistant textile provide durability and protection while letting feet breath. Asymmetrical collar designed to comfortably articulate with your ankle. A molded rubber heel counter helps maintain a snug, Comfort heel hold over time
- SAWTOOTH MIDSOLE: Great for the everyday, whether it's on the AT or your local trail. Featuring a dual-density EVA midsole that provides cushioning and stability, and a nylon shank that gives added support under foot.
- SAWTOOTH OUTSOLE: A thru-hiker cult favorite and classic Oboz outsole, built to be versatile, flexible and supportive. The map molded in the bottom of the outsole features the Sawtooth mountain range near Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Oboz plants a tree for every pair sold
- Proprietary rubber outsole provides superior traction
- Multi-directional outsole lugs and siping provide superior traction and flexibility
- DRYGuard+ is the ultimate waterproof technology featuring our most breathable membrane for maximum comfort
- PU foam insert is lightweight, breathable and durable
- Padded collar for extra comfort and ankle protection
There are four color combinations to the Regiment WR: a black with a water-resistant Durabrush upper with a dark gray sole; a water-resistant Thermabuck wheat upper with a cream and gum sole; a water-resistant chocolate Permahide upper with the cream and gum sole; and the ones that my daughter chose for herself – the water-resistant black Permahide upper with a dark black sole to match.
My daughter has been wearing them straight for a few days now to “break them in” but they didn’t need much “breaking in.” The insole makes these shoes super comfortable from the very first moment you put these boots on. Lugz calls it their Flexastride insole. It’s ergonomically molded with memory foam in its core. The heel is contoured to give the most support and has the most memory foam because that’s the part of the foot that takes on our weight most of the time.
A good-looking boot deserves a great sole, and Lugz has provided that. It is a ASTM-F1677, Mark II tested slip resistant rubber sole. These soles really grab and hold onto the pavement, cement, or soil you are standing on. It’s a good thick sole that is going to last a long time.
These boots are really comfortable, and are great for when you need to wear them all day long. My daughter went to the mall wearing the Regiment WR today to get a few extra things for her trip. She was walking around for a large part of the day on the hard floors, and she still came home with her feet feeling just great.
With many thanks to Lugz, one person is going to win a pair of the Regiment WR Work Boots in winner’s choice of color and size (depends on stock on hand). This giveaway will end on February 4, 2014, and is open to US residents only. One the first entry of a blog post comment is mandatory. All other entries are optional. Be sure to bookmark this page to come back every day to claim your daily entries!
You can buy these boots for [amazon_link asins=’B073F43V1P’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’boots’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’1b02fafe-3bbf-4d24-bfb8-5989fc3131ff’] from Amazon.com