As you all may know concrete is a versatile and powerful material, It’s not the ideal kind of surface to walk or stand on all day. Unlike softer surfaces like wood or carpeting, concrete does not absorb shock. It is difficult and very unforgiving for your body – mainly for your feet. While you may not be able to prevent concrete surfaces, There is a lot you can do to keep your feet comfortable and safe. A pair of high quality work boots can make a big difference. The earlier you invest in supportive footwear, the better off you will be. Never underestimate the quantity and seriousness of the foot conditions which are out there. As an example, you might get plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, achilles tendinitis, bunions, calluses, ingrown toenails, heel spur, etc.. All these are very painful conditions, which require a while to cure, but are easy to prevent. You may also save up for great shoes for standing all day, because developing foot ailments and having to pay for therapy is going to be ten times more expensive. Great shoes will save your life.
Many manufacturers craft boots which can withstand the rigors of concrete. They’ll protect your toes, absorb shock as you work, and assist You avoid lasting issues. Deciding the best work boots for concrete wear differs from choosing general use boots. We’ve assembled a guide to choosing the best work boots for concrete so you will be the most comfortable man in the lot.
Best Work Boots For Standing On Concrete All Day
Need to know first
How Does Walking on Concrete Affect Your Body?
Immediately, they will surely catch up with you if you are not wearing the correct footwear. The first thing you will see is the pain in your knees and feet.
As stated earlier, concrete does not absorb shock. When weight is applied. Because of this, all that shock travels up your legs and feet. You might begin to feel fatigue and experience significant strain on your legs.
Because of this, the muscles will inflame. This may result in stiffness that impacts how you work and walk. Finally, your joints and knees will feel it. That jolt has nowhere to journey except for your joints. Years of bad foot protection can even lead to arthritis.
Plantar Fasciitis Is a condition which affects many construction and office employees. It’s due to poor heel and arch support. Basically, the tissue that connects your heel to your toes becomes inflamed. The pain can sometimes be crippling. Often it requires regular treatment. If left alone, it may eventually lead to significant rips and the reduction of your arch.
We selected Best Work Boots For Standing On Concrete All Day
Irish Setter Men's 6" 83605 Work Boot,Brown,10.5 EE US
$139.95 in stock
- 6" lace-up work boot with USA-made full grain waterproof leather and removable polyurethane footbed
- Electrical Hazard - meets ASTM F2413-11 Safety Standards,Outsole:Rubber-EVA Traction Tred. Care - To ensure your rubber footwear stays in good condition wipe or spray with lukewarm water after use and allow to dry naturally. If soap is required for additional cleaning
- Heat-Resistant outsole - resistant to melting at a minimum of 475 Fahrenheit
- Lining (Vamp):Non-Woven Nylon
Wolverine Men's W02421 Raider Boot, Brown, 10.5 M US
$113.95 in stock
- Removable, full-cushion Wolverine Multishox insole for all-day comfort and support
- Reliable grip from slip, oil and abrasion-resistant Multishox lugged rubber outsole
- Breathable CK mesh lining. Lightweight
Timberland PRO Men's Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot, Brown , 9.5 D - Medium
$92.43 in stock
5 used from $ 65.39
- STAY ON YOUR FEET: Our Pit Boss is everything a steel toe boot should be: Safe, tough & comfortable. These leather work boots meet ANSI safety standards and feature slip-, oil- and abrasion resistant outsoles for traction & padded top collars for comfort.
- SAFETY AND COMFORT: PRO 24/7 Comfort Suspension technology is a unique comfort system that meets the most rigorous work site demands -- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It helps reduce foot fatigue, support the arch and cushion every step.
- A SOURCE OF PRIDE: We know you take pride in your work, so our soft-toed shoes and boots and steel-toe boots and shoes are designed to provide you with enhanced job performance day in and day out. Wear them at work well as at home with comfort & style.
- QUALITY WORKWEAR: Timberland PRO assesses the unmet needs of those who work in the most demanding environments and then develops solutions that deliver ultimate comfort, durability & protection-all day long-from work boots & shoes to anti-fatigue insoles.
- TIMBERLAND PRO: Compare the quality workmanship of Timberland PRO work boots & work shoes to products from Justin, Muck Boots, Servus, Tingley, Doc Martens, Romeos, Red Wing, Merrell, Ariat, Cat, Wolverine, Maelstrom, Stanley, Keen or Carhartt.
Caterpillar Men's Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot,Dark Brown,10.5 W US
$82.78 in stock
- Steel-toe work boot in rugged leather featuring plush collar and tongue with logos
- Hex-shape grommets with speed lacing at shaft
- Oil-resistant traction outsole
- Nubuck leather or pull up leather nylon mesh lining provides added breathability and comfort
- Steel shank for added support and stability
Thorogood 804-4200 Men's American Heritage 6" Moc Toe, MAXwear Wedge Safety Boot, Tobacco Oil-Tanned - 8 D(M) US
- Tobacco Oil-Tanned 804-4200 or Black 804-6201, full-grain leather
- Removable Ultimate Shock Absorption Footbed on Poron comfort cushion insole
- Fiberglass shank
- MAXWear Wedge slip resistant outsole
- Goodyear storm welt construction
Oliver 65 Series 14" Leather Puncture-Resistant Waterproof Men's Steel Toe Mining Boots with Metatarsal Guard, Black (65691)
- Extra-high, liquid-resistant leather upper with TPU SAFETYcell reinforcement for protection from oils and minerals, cuts and abrasions
- All-Terrain Dual Density Soling Technology combines a soft, shock-absorbing Dual Density PU midsole with a high-density, durable rubber outsole
- Slip-resistant boots feature All-Terrain outsole that is heat-resistant up to 572 °F (300 °C) and resistant to mineral oils, acids, alkalis, animal fats and oils
- Meets ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 Mt/75 PR SD; Qflex Zero non-metallic puncture protection, XRD Metatarsal Guard, NATUREform steel toe impact protection
- Recommended use: mining, oil and gas
Bates Men's Delta Side Zip 8 Inch Uniform Boot, Black, 9 M US
- iCS adjustable comfort system
- Durable leather and nylon upper
- YKK locking inside zipper
- Lightweight cement construction
- Polishable toe
Belleville 880ST Waterproof Steel Toe Flight and Flight Deck Boot - 11.0 R - Black
- Premium comfort thick Polyurethane center with a durable VIBRAM Premium Tread Outsole
- ANSI Class 75 Steel Toe
- GORE-TEX Fabric Bootie: Durably Waterproof, Breathable
- 200g THINSULATE Insulation
- Waterproof Leather Upper
The Best Work Boots for working on Concrete Floors – What To Look For?
The hard concrete floor is not too easy on our feet. If you stand And walk for hours on such workplace, you are most likely to suffer from pain and discomfort if you don’t wear the perfect pair of boots with ample support and cushioning. The following are some things you might want to check before you pick up a good-looking work boots to wear on the job.
Buy work boots that can support your feet well. This means having Some cushioning that can provide superb comfort even if you must pace back and fort on concrete flooring. An excellent midsole is your very best friend and can make a massive difference between the best work boot and a poor one. Having a thick and well-cushioned midsole, concrete will hardly bother you even if you must deal with it on your 8 to 5 job.
Forget about stock insoles. You’re better off with custom orthotics That are molded and designed specifically for your foot’s needs. It’s worth investing in quality insoles rather than sticking to inventory ones that hardly give you the support and comfort you require. But bear in mind that in case you’re planning on using your own orthotics and ditching inventory insoles, you should size up to make sure that your shoes will not feel too tight on you.
Concrete can be so unyielding as it hardly conducts heat as other types of floors . This is why it tends to get really chilly, which also impacts your comfort and health. Get a wonderful pair that offers insulation that can help maintain the optimal temperature for your feet no matter what season.
Your work boots must be durable enough to withstand the constant Abuse these are bound to take from concrete flooring. A enormous deal of this impact with every step you make will visit your heel. Inspect the outsoles and go for ones that are sturdy and secure, and these must have the ability to absorb shocks and abuse typical work shoes can never handle.
If you work outside and cope with slabs of concrete, then you want a pair Of boots which are water-resistant. Even if your footwear Isn’t Water-proof, do not worry; you should be able to find waxes and oils that Can help repel water once the rainy season comes.