We always talk about the importance of choosing and wearing good work shoes that provide us, in addition to safety, comfort. However, little is said about the importance of the maintenance and good care of footwear or how to know when to change work shoes.
In today’s article we tell you some tips to determine if it is time to say goodbye to our beloved work shoes that have saved us from so many knocks and falls, and hello to our new companions for adventures.
Don’t miss it!
- Non Slip, Marking Molded EVA Outsole. Garden Shoes for Men Size 11 Hiking Snake Boots Insulated Water Proof Shoes Hiking Boot Snow Mens Dress Shoes for Snow Mens Snake Boots Old Looking Mens Boots Mens Work Boots Mens Walking Boots Bass Boots Men Hiking Poles Lug Shoes Men
- Platform Measures Approximately 2cm Mens Winter Boots Size 10 Woodland Shoes for Men Male Shoe Snow Shoes 27 Inch Mens Vegan Boots Snow Dress Shoes for Men Wadding Boots Snow Formal Shoes Men Mens Low Top Hiking Boots Tall Boots Men Men's Casual Winter Boots Field Shoe
- Classic Style Snow Boots, Trendy Laces, So That The Whole Boots Have Both Classic Retro Styles And Fashionable , Which Better Show Their Personal Style. Boots All Day Walking Mens Snow Shoes And Poles Outdoor Shoe Mens Boots Size 7 Mens Hikers 8.5 M Apparel Field Gear Snow Boots Size 8 Mens Boots Size 8 Hiking Boot Shoe Big Wide Mens Shoes Hills State Apparel High Boots Men
- EVA Sole Wading Shoe Snow Hiking Shoes for Men Winter Warm Snow Boot Basketball Shoes Wide Width Snow Top Running Shoes Snow Men Men Shoes Wide Sizes Insulated Hunting Boot Mens Slip on Winter Shoes Shoes Boot Men Heated Hunting Shoes Men Walking Snow Shoes
- Rubber Sole Cold Weather Boots Men Mens Rain And Snow Shoes Snow Boots Men 10.5 Mens Leather Hiking Shoes Tall Men Shoes Men Shoe Size 16 High Heel Hiking Boots Water Hiking Shoe Work Boots Men's Insulated Snow Boots All Day Shoes Men Snow Boots Walking Fall Boots
- Fleece Inside Mens Water Proof Work Shoes Women S Snowshoes Warm Boots for Men Size 11 Snow Walking Shoes for Men Snowshoes Boots for Men Water Proof Mens Work Boot Woodsman Boots Men Snowshoes with Poles Men Snow And Rain Boots for Men Male Shoe Mens Snowboard Boots Lace up Mens Boots Weather
- Platform Measures Approximately 2cm Snow Boots Men Short Winter Work Boots for Men Hiking Shoes Extra Wide Security Boots Women Mens Sneaker Boots Light Hikers Men Winter Shoe Wide Hiking Boots Men Valley Boots Sport Top Men's Snowshoes Running Shoes Snow Men
- Classic Style Snow Boots, Trendy Laces, So That The Whole Boots Have Both Classic Retro Styles And Fashionable , Which Better Show Their Personal Style. Fashion Sport Work Boots Size 11 Boot Socks Mens Warm All Day Shoes Barefoot Boots Men Mens Hiking Shoes Leather Men Dress Boots Boot Warmers Men 36 Inch Snowshoes Shoes And Boots for Men Mens Fashion Summer Water Proof Hiking Boots Men's Mens Casual Hiking Boots
- Material : You'll Love This Light Weight Hiking & trekking Casual Boot It Features A Faux Leather Upper, Synthetic Leather Inner, Lace-up On Style For Easy Fit, Soft Lining, Cushiony Memory Foam Insole For Comfort And Support, And A Non-Marking Outsole. Manmade Materials.
- Feature : Extremely Light Weight Material, It Is Nice Height Increasing Shoes For Everyday Use, Or party wear Or casual Occasion And Dress Shoes. Padded Collar With A Soft Lining , Cushioned Memory Foam Insole, This Unique Design And Stylish Shoe Is To Maximize Your Fashion At The Fairest Price Possible.
- About Bxxy : We Have Hundreds Of Different Hiking & Trekking Boots To Choose From. Whether You Are Looking For Formal, Or Even Dress Shoes, We Have Something For You. Products For All Types Of Moments, Whether You Are Looking For Something New To Wear To An Interview, Or Looking For A Sturdy Boot For Upcoming Weather. Bxxy Brings You Comfort All Day Around. We Have Nice Shoes For Everyday Use, Or Wedding Or Formal Occasion.
- Care Instructions : Rotate Your Pair Of Shoes Once Every Other Day, Allowing Them To De-Odorize And Retain Their Shapes. Use Shoe Bags To Prevent Any Stains Or Mildew. Dust Any Dry Dirt From The Surface Using A Clean Cloth. Use Polish Or Shiner.
- Comfortable And Stylish Regular party And casual Wear
How to take care of your work shoes
As we told you above, it is not easy to know how to take care of our work shoes and, depending on the type we choose, the care will be different. A sanitary clog will not need the same care as a safety boot, it is more than obvious!
Therefore, our first and most important recommendation is to always read, understand and apply the manufacturer’s recommendations when it comes to maintaining our footwear. And, then apply the following measures.
What material are they made of?
The first aspect to take into account is the material our safety shoes or boots are made of. Depending on this, we must follow some steps or others, so it is always best to read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions.
For example, if our work footwear is made of leather, we can use a brush or clean them with a damp cloth and, above all, we must always keep them away from heat sources, as this could deform the leather and, therefore, the footwear.
If, on the other hand, our boots or work shoes are made of nubuck leather, we will have to pay a lot of attention to cleaning them, as this is a somewhat more delicate material. We could use a piece of natural crepe or, failing that, some soapy water and let the footwear dry in a warm room away from any heat source.
Clean every part
Sometimes, we think that only the care and maintenance of the ‘visible’ part of our footwear is necessary, however, it is also essential, for those shoes that have, to clean the laces. As a general rule, these can be cleaned in the washing machine as we usually do with the rest of the garments, although, as we said above, it is best to look at the manufacturer’s recommendations.
And, on the other hand, we should not forget to clean the sole. We may think that it is unnecessary since it is the part that is in contact with the ground and does not affect us, but cleaning it helps to reduce the transport of residues, as, for example, with sanitary footwear the transport of viruses and bacteria.
And, of course, we must not forget one of the most important parts, the inside. How should we clean the inside of work shoes? This part of our footwear is a part to which we should dedicate some of our time every day.
When we get home after work, we can use a deodorant spray that will help us to neutralize odors and, in addition, if we choose the right product it can also act as an antibacterial and/or antifungal.
Tricks to change your work shoes
Evidently, and as Eduard Punset rightly said, “if life were eternal we wouldn’t put the same intensity into it”, so we must assume that the same thing happens with material things.
No matter how much we take care of our shoes, there comes a time when we have to say goodbye to them. It is clear that the more and better we do it, the longer it will take to say goodbye, but, sadly, sooner or later, it will come.
And, the reality is that, sometimes, it is not at all easy to know when it is time to change “the wheels” so here are some tricks that can help you decide.
Once a year doesn’t hurt
Did you know that shoes have a time and a maximum distance of use? It seems incredible, but it is so. Every sneakers, safety boots, clogs or shoes in general, have a maximum distance of use that is usually indicated in time, as it happens with sneakers.
What does this mean? Simple, this means that approximately every year we should start thinking about changing our work footwear for a new one, since this is the average time that manufacturers usually indicate as the maximum time of use at full performance.
Visibly deteriorated footwear
As the saying goes, “broken pitcher, the remedy is to buy another one”. There is no better explanation than this.
With use and the passage of time, no matter how well we take care of our footwear, it will eventually deteriorate. Cracks, breaks and deformations will form that can end up causing damage or injury to your feet and joints, so if we reach this point, once broken, it is best to change them.
Pain with use
It is clear that one of the fundamental principles of the use of work shoes is to carry out our tasks as comfortably as possible.
Sometimes, our work footwear gets damaged and the deformations or breaks we mentioned before are formed in them. These cannot be seen with the naked eye, but they cause us to suffer pain when using them.
These deformations and breaks usually occur in the front area, either in the toe of the shoe or in the upper part or, also, in the heel. Continuing to wear shoes that cause pain in the heel for a long time, for example, can cause much more serious injuries such as plantar fasciitis.
Change of use
Although it is not always necessary, when we change jobs it is usually advisable to change your work footwear for a new one whenever the one you were wearing until now is worn out or does not meet the requirements of the new tasks to be performed.
Remember that safety footwear is used to protect our feet, so if we were not working with electricity before and will be working with electricity from now on, we will need footwear that dissipates electrical charges, so we should choose antistatic footwear.
In general, these are some of the recommendations we can give you to take care of and know when to change your work shoes. We hope that, with this guide, from now on you will never again have doubts about when to change your work shoes for new ones.
We look forward to seeing you in the next article, eager to continue learning.