Are steel toe boots heavier? Steel toe boots offer more protection than composite toe boots since they can withstand higher impact. They are less expensive than composite toe boots. However, steel toe boots are heavier and do not breathe as well as composite toe boots. This makes them less comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
How much heavier is a steel toe boot? Steel toe boots weigh between 3.5 lbs. to 4.5 lbs. on average. Keep in mind that adding a material like steel does add a small amount of weight to your safety toe work boots, so they’re not going to be the same weight as regular work boots.
Is steel toe heavier than composite toe? Composite is lightweight and lighter then steel toe boots. Composite is a poor conductor of electricity, so they’re a popular choice for electricians and builders.
- Excellent Breathability
- Secure Grip
- Allro-Tex Technology
- Removeable Footbed
- ATS Max extra-wide shank for maximum support and less fatigue
- BOA Fit System provides custom support
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable Energy Max anti-fatigue insole for maximum comfort
- Mesh lining
- Crafted with leathers made using ECCO DriTan Technology, which reduces the amount of water and chemicals used in the tanning process, ECCO HYDROMAX Technology offers water-repellent properties, to keep your feet dry
- The sleek design makes the EXOHIKE easy to maintain, while the padded collar provides additional wearing comfort and the pull-on tabs allow for easy on and off
- Soft and lightweight ECCO PHORENE midsole offers excellent energy return, while innovative ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology provides flexibility
- PROSOMA heel cup wraps the heel to provide protective support and a snug fit
- MICHELIN rubber outsole with a unique tread pattern has excellent traction and stability, enhanced with a rubber grip grid in the midfoot
How much do Red Wing work boots weigh? The two main things are the weight and the comfort. The boots are light and only weigh 3.6 lbs for both boots.