How tight should boots fit at first? It should not pinch across the ball of the foot or the toes, but should be comfortably snug in the instep area of your foot. Just like a good handshake. A new boot may slip some when new, but if it is snug in the instep, that slip will come out, after it is flexed from wearing.
How can you tell if boots are too loose? Another way to test it is to put your boots on, stand up straight, and then wiggle your toes. If you can’t wiggle your toes, the boot is too tight. We also recommend walking around in them for a minute or two. If your feet are sliding around, they’re too loose.
How much room should be left in boots? You should be able to wiggle your toes inside the toe box (the front of the shoe). To see if you have enough room, slide your foot forward so your toes are just touching the end of the unlaced boot. In this position, you should have a finger’s width (about ½”) between the base of your heel and the boot.
- Excellent Breathability
- Secure Grip
- Allro-Tex Technology
- Removeable Footbed
- ATS Max extra-wide shank for maximum support and less fatigue
- BOA Fit System provides custom support
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable Energy Max anti-fatigue insole for maximum comfort
- Mesh lining
- Crafted with leathers made using ECCO DriTan Technology, which reduces the amount of water and chemicals used in the tanning process, ECCO HYDROMAX Technology offers water-repellent properties, to keep your feet dry
- The sleek design makes the EXOHIKE easy to maintain, while the padded collar provides additional wearing comfort and the pull-on tabs allow for easy on and off
- Soft and lightweight ECCO PHORENE midsole offers excellent energy return, while innovative ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology provides flexibility
- PROSOMA heel cup wraps the heel to provide protective support and a snug fit
- MICHELIN rubber outsole with a unique tread pattern has excellent traction and stability, enhanced with a rubber grip grid in the midfoot
How are my boots supposed to fit? How are boots supposed to fit? Boots should not be too loose or too tight on your foot. The best fit should be snug (but not tight) around the whole of your foot, with enough room to move your toes and a maximum of a quarter to a half-inch of slippage at the heel.