How do I prepare my body for standing all day? Practice strength training and stretching. One of the best ways to support your standing job is by practicing strength training and stretching. The combination of these activities will help to strengthen your muscles and ensure that your body can support itself comfortably for long periods of standing time.
How do I deal with standing all day at work?
- Always face the object of work.
- Keep body close to the work.
- Adjust the workplace to get enough space to change working position.
- Use a foot rail or portable footrest to shift body weight from both to one or the other leg.
How do I get used to standing 8 hours a day?
- Excellent Breathability
- Secure Grip
- Allro-Tex Technology
- Removeable Footbed
- ATS Max extra-wide shank for maximum support and less fatigue
- BOA Fit System provides custom support
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable Energy Max anti-fatigue insole for maximum comfort
- Mesh lining
- Crafted with leathers made using ECCO DriTan Technology, which reduces the amount of water and chemicals used in the tanning process, ECCO HYDROMAX Technology offers water-repellent properties, to keep your feet dry
- The sleek design makes the EXOHIKE easy to maintain, while the padded collar provides additional wearing comfort and the pull-on tabs allow for easy on and off
- Soft and lightweight ECCO PHORENE midsole offers excellent energy return, while innovative ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology provides flexibility
- PROSOMA heel cup wraps the heel to provide protective support and a snug fit
- MICHELIN rubber outsole with a unique tread pattern has excellent traction and stability, enhanced with a rubber grip grid in the midfoot
- Wear proper footwear.
- Use proper support socks or hose.
- Stretch and move.
- Maintain proper posture.
- Move your shoulders.
- Shake things out.
- Stay hydrated.
How many hours a day should you be standing? Many ergonomic experts recommend standing about 5-15 minutes out of every hour when using a standing desk, although research is ongoing. One study in the British Journal of Sports Medicine recommends that it’s ideal to move, stand, and take breaks from sitting for a total of at least 2 hours in an 8 hour work day.