Why are work boots so tall? Why is that? Mostly for additional ankle support, especially when negotiating uneven or mixed terrain, and definitely when going uphill. The raised heel also gives additional arch support, which is needed when doing heavy outdoor work as the arch functions more or less as the shock absorber of the foot.
What boots do most lineman wear? Material and Comfort
The most popular materials used in boots for linemen are rubber and leather. Leather uppers are durable, comfortable, and allow for a bit of flex. They can be treated with waterproofing sealers or waxes and reconditioned many times over before they need replacing.
- Excellent Breathability
- Secure Grip
- Allro-Tex Technology
- Removeable Footbed
- ATS Max extra-wide shank for maximum support and less fatigue
- BOA Fit System provides custom support
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable Energy Max anti-fatigue insole for maximum comfort
- Mesh lining
- Crafted with leathers made using ECCO DriTan Technology, which reduces the amount of water and chemicals used in the tanning process, ECCO HYDROMAX Technology offers water-repellent properties, to keep your feet dry
- The sleek design makes the EXOHIKE easy to maintain, while the padded collar provides additional wearing comfort and the pull-on tabs allow for easy on and off
- Soft and lightweight ECCO PHORENE midsole offers excellent energy return, while innovative ECCO FLUIDFORM Direct Comfort Technology provides flexibility
- PROSOMA heel cup wraps the heel to provide protective support and a snug fit
- MICHELIN rubber outsole with a unique tread pattern has excellent traction and stability, enhanced with a rubber grip grid in the midfoot
What is the purpose of logger boots? Logger boots are used to work through brush, muck, and other types of undergrowth, and to aid in any climbing needed. Logger boots are designed to be worn by workers in the logger industry, hence the name.
Why do logger boots have fringe? It acts as a brush guard, protecting the tongue from dirt, dust and other debris that accumulate on the laces and therefore minimizes the ingress of same into the boot via the tongue.